Sunday, November 21, 2010

Clothes Peg Wreath

This is an idea I got from a different blog. I have tried to go back and find out where I got this idea from but I really have no clue.
Anyhow I really wanted to try this out.

What I used:

scrap book paper, cut into small strips
50 clothes pegs
7 inch embrodery hoop (the inside hoop of the two)
cardboard cut from a pizza box lid
hot glue gun and glue
snow flake orniments
string

I measured the clothes peg, and cut the strips to match



I then mod podged the strips to the tops of the clothes pegs.



I used a pizza box lid(we had one haning around) and traced around the outside of the hoop. then I drew a circle around the outside of about 1 cm, but next time I think I will make it 1 inch as the band wasnt quite big enough.


I then put the cardboard ring around the embroidery hoop and hot glued it into place.

I then hot glued the clothes pegs onto the cardboard by putting the glue inside the where it pinches and cliped them onto the cardboard.



I then hot glued snow flake orniments I had bought from the Dollerama andtied the string onto the wreath.




When my husband saw the clothes pegs he took them out of the bag and started playing with them clipping them onto the embriodery hoop. Whe he saw me watching him he told me he was making a stockaid. I mentioned that I thought it kinda looked like a head dress. "Ooooooohhhh!!!" he said, "Good idea!" He then used my second package of clothes pegs to make a second layer.

Anyhow we both had fun. I want to make a second one that is more Christmasssy as this one is more winter/snow.
I really like how it turned out.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment